Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Beginning

Be the Change – Perseverance 3:10
I am starting this blog after quite a bit of deliberation, research and nail biting. I spent over a month just trying to figure out what the title of my blog would be. I wanted it to be something very meaningful to me but not so personal that no one else would be able to relate. I also wanted it to describe all the things I wanted to cover in my blog. One of the first things I read in my research was that the title of the blog should be relative to the content. Then one day, it came to me in the shower. Perseverance 3:10. But that just wasn’t enough,  I knew that it wasn’t ready. Then a few days ago, the rest followed and the purpose of my blog became clear to me. Be the change. As in, be the change you want to see in the world. And that is what I plan to cover; the changes I want to make in the world. Now in order to change the rest of the world, I first have to make a few changes in my own little world. (but that’s for another blog)
Perseverance is defined as steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. Ask anyone around me, I’ve seen plenty of discouragement and obstacles in my life, especially lately. But I continue down my path, because I have a purpose in this world, I have a course of action. It is also described in theology as a continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation. Grace has always been a magnanimous word to me. To me, it means strength and poise, to be a great lady. And finally, the most meaningful part of all, 3:10 is for March 10th. This is the day my mom died, five years ago. I saw my entire world come crashing down around me when she left us for what comes After. And every day since has been a mission to pick up the pieces and become the great woman that I know I am meant to be. So I will be the change; I will persevere; I will succeed where she failed, because in so many ways I am my mother’s daughter, and I will let only the best of her shine through me.
Mom, I miss you. I know that you’ll always be with me and I hope you know you’ll always be in my heart. You taught me a lot about life, even more so after your death, and even though I can’t tell you this in person, I know you hear it; I love you mom.  And this blog is for you…

1 comment:

  1. Hon, I am so happy you started a blog. I really look forward to reading it because you are an excellent writer. I love you big bunches!
    Joell

    ReplyDelete