Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Living in the Kern River Valley

“Now I live in the mountains, I drifted up here with the wind. I grew up in an oil town, but my gusher never came in” ~ Merle Haggard, “Kern River”

      Well, originally I didn’t have a theme. I didn’t understand when I signed up what they meant by adding abbreviations for my theme. I didn’t know that people had themes. I already planned out my 26 posts, in alphabetical order but I still felt like something was missing. Then yesterday, I saw posts about everyone’s theme reveals. I had no idea there was
supposed to be a theme reveal on March 23rd. I feel kind of bad about not being more involved with the site and other bloggers, but in my defense I’ve had my hands full.
            If my original posts had any sort of a theme, it was ‘how random I am’, but I thought, what if I did do a theme? What would it be? Could I do enough prep work between now and April 1st to be able to keep up with the A-Z Challenge? And then it dawned on me. Like a light bulb over my head. I had been considering doing a month long series on the Kern River Valley, or KRV, where we’ve been living for the past two years.
            As I’ve said before, I live in a tiny town, one of many strung along the 178 that winds through the valley. It’s a small, quiet place, tucked away in the mountains, near Isabella Lake. And I really love it here! I love living here, I love my children growing up here, there are a few things I don’t like but the small inconveniences of living in a mountain town are not enough for me to consider moving.

            So, I know I’m a day late and I can’t link to the website, but I wanted to write my Theme Reveal anyway! My theme is going to be Living in the Kern River Valley. I hope it will be interesting for others and I look forward to all the creative themes!


No comments:

Post a Comment