Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Welcome to the Pepperwood Dragons!


There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent ~Mahatma Ghandi


Welcome to the Pepperwood Dragons!

         We are in our 2nd year of homeschooling. Far from seasoned but at least now I get to give that sympathetic “I understand what you’re going through” look to other first year homeschool parents. It’s definitely been a struggle for us to adjust to homeschooling after so many years in the public school system. But with much research and an even greater amount of trial and error, we found a rhythm that is working for us.
         We report through our local charter school, which also provides the common core curriculum, along with all required textbooks and materials. They also report everything to the state for us, so that’s a headache I don’t have to deal with but we will discuss that more in the future.
The end of this school season is rapidly approaching. Fortunately this year, I can say that it has passed quickly because we’ve been having fun. I discovered Lapbooks this year and it’s been great fun learning and creating. I can’t wait to see what will happen next!
In the mean time, I hope that you will continue to visit us regularly, so we can share the different study units, lap books and projects we complete throughout the year. I will share printable pages and PDFs whenever I can! I want everyone else to be as joyful and content with homeschooling as I sometimes am lol
One thing I will definitely be sharing is how I have managed to homeschool for next to nothing. Aside from free printable pages, videos and PowerPoint presentations online (and I was AMAZED at how many are out there!) I take full advantage of the library, Netflix and even begging and borrowing from public schools, Sunday schools and every other kind of school I can think of.

Next year Our Lovebug will be officially joining our ensemble of homeschoolers and I think my hands will be more than full then. In the mean time, I'll be devoting a lot of my time to preparing for next year. I hope you'll come back and hopefully my unconventional homeschool can give you some inspiration. I look forward to sharing How We Homeschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment